Crispy apple bagels for tea: a recipe for the perfect dough
Homemade bagels can be made from puff pastry, yeast, and shortcrust pastry. Berries, seasonal fruits, nuts, raisins, and poppy seeds can be used as fillings.
- Wheat flour - 180 - 200 g
- Soft butter - 100 g
- Egg yolk - 1 pc
- Sugar or better powdered sugar - 50 g
- Greek yogurt or sour cream - 1 tbsp
- Soda - 1 g
For the filling:
- Apples - 3 pcs. (approximately 400 g)
- Nuts (optional) - 100 g
- Sugar (if sour apples)
Method of preparation:
1. Filling: Peel and grate the apples. Put the apples in a very hot frying pan, add cinnamon, sugar, if you need nuts. Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Stir to remove the liquid and make the filling dry.
2. For the dough: beat the soft butter with the sugar until white. Add the yolk and beat again, then add the yogurt and sour cream and beat again. Next, add flour and baking soda and mix until smooth. The dough should be soft and pleasant to the touch.
3. Divide the dough into two parts and roll into a circle. Cut into 8 pieces, put the filling on each piece (not too much), and roll into a bagel.
4. Put on parchment and bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown at 180 C.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!
You can also find recipes on OBOZREVATEL: