Honey Easter cake: how to make a delicious Easter pastry
Easter pastries for the Easter table can be made from a variety of dough, as well as from cottage cheese. They can also be baked in the multicooker. For a brighter flavor, you can add dried fruit soaked in rum or citrus juice, chocolate, honey, caramel, and condensed milk to the batter.
Culinarian Tatiana shared on Instagram a recipe for delicious honey cakes that will be very flavorful and not dry.
- flour - 500 g
- milk - 180 grams
- 25 grams of pressed yeast
- honey - 100 grams
- eggs - 4 units
- butter - 110 g
- salt - 0,5 tsp.
- zest of one lemon
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- vanilla - 1 package
- raisins and candied fruits - 170-200 grams
- orange juice
Method of preparation:
1. Dough: add sugar, yeast and 2 spoonfuls of flour to the warm milk, mix and leave for 15 minutes. Whisk the eggs with salt, add liquid honey, whisk again to a fluffy mass and add the starter, vanilla, lemon zest, flour and knead the dough. When the dough is homogeneous, add melted butter, kneading it well each time.
2. Fill raisins and candied fruits with orange juice, then dry well with paper towels, mix with two spoonfuls of flour, add to the dough and mix well.
3. Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover with a lid or clingfilm and leave on the table for an hour. Then place in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours, preferably overnight.
4. Take the ready dough out of the refrigerator and let it stand for an hour so that it becomes room temperature. Then transfer it to a work surface dusted with flour and knead well with your hands. Divide the dough into pieces, roll into thick balls and put into forms, filling them to 0.3-0.5 high, be sure to cover with a towel and leave for 1.2-2 hours to rise almost to the edge of the forms.
5. Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes at 180 C.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: