A sponge cake that always turns out lush: secrets from Viktoriia Maremukha
Sponge cakes are the perfect base for a variety of homemade cakes. But it is very important to make a dough that will be fluffy after baking and will not fall off. To do this, you need to know a few simple secrets.
The idea of making a puffy sponge cake that doesn't fall off was shared by the famous Ukrainian blogger and model Viktoriia Maremukha (vicky_mare) on her Instagram page. The blogger stirs the baking mass only with a spatula to keep the air inside. Also, the mold with the baked sponge cake should be turned over and placed on supports so that the dough does not sag.
- 4 eggs
- 120 g of sugar
- 120g of flour
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Method of preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs (preferably straight from the fridge) and salt, and start beating with a mixer at a slow speed. Gradually and in doses, start adding sugar and vanilla extract. But increase the speed of the mixer.
2. Beat until light in color and volume increases. Sift the flour into the mixture with a strainer, and in two passes, knead with a very delicate silicone spatula with movements from the bottom up, but not for long to keep the air in.
3. Cover the mold with parchment and do not grease its walls (the sponge cake will cling to the dry walls and grow).
4. Bake in a preheated oven (this is important) at 170 degrees in a 16 cm diameter ring until done. Check with a toothpick. But open the oven only after 15 minutes so that the sponge cake does not fall off.
5. Take out the finished sponge cake, turn the mold over, and place it on support (it can be a cup). This is a life hack so that the sponge cake does not sag) - use a knife to separate the cake from the walls of the mold.
6. Wrap the finished sponge cake, which has cooled down, in cling film and put it in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, or better overnight. After that, it is more convenient to cut it.
7. If you don't have a mold, you can pour the dough onto a baking sheet and then cut out circles of the same shape. If there is a ring but less than a mold, just divide the ingredients by 2.
Also, you can find these recipes on OBOZREVATEL: