How to cook cold borscht with beets: tastier than okroshka
Cold borscht, or Kholodnyk, is a great alternative to okroshka. It is prepared with meat, boiled and fresh vegetables, herbs and eggs. The first course is dressed with kefir, water or broth.
- chicken thigh - 150 g
- beet - 300 g
- cucumber - 200 g
- eggs - 3 pcs
- kefir - 300 ml
- mustard - 10g
- salt, pepper
- water / broth - 350-450 gr
Method of preparation:
1. Boil chicken thigh, beet and eggs separately.
2. When ready, cut fillets into cubes, beets into sticks, two eggs into cubes, leave one for serving.
3. Dice cucumber, chop green onion.
4. Mix all the prepared ingredients: meat, beets, eggs, cucumber, herbs. Pour the kefir, add mustard, spices and water. Stir it. Bon appetit!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: