Russia continues to focus its main efforts on attempts to fully occupy Donbas and Luhansk region: Defence Forces repelled 25 enemy attacks - General Staff
As of June 5, Russian troops conducted about 25 military attacks on Ukrainian positions in the Donetsk region. Despite the numerous losses, the enemy is constantly trying to occupy the entire Donbas region, but the Defence Forces are making significant adjustments to their plans.
This was reported by the General Staff on Facebook. To achieve its goals, the enemy continues to use terror tactics, strikes, and shells civilian objects, including residential areas.
"Over the past day, Russia launched a missile and 19 air strikes, fired about 30 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of our troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, in addition to the destroyed infrastructure, civilians suffered," said our military.
The following situation was recorded by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine:
- In the Kupyansk sector, Kolodyazne, Krasne Pershe, Novomlynsk, Kutkivka, Dvorichna, Zakhidna, Kyslivka, Berestove in Kharkiv region and Novoselivska in Luhansk region came under enemy artillery and mortar fire over the past day;
- In the Lyman sector, the enemy conducted unsuccessful offensive actions in the area of Bilohorivka, Luhansk region. It carried out air strikes in the areas of Nevska, Luhansk region, and Spirna, Donetsk region. Nevske and Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region and Verkhnekamyanske, Torske, Spirne, and Razdolivka in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire;
- In the Bakhmut direction, the enemy conducted offensive actions in the direction of Ivanivske, but was unsuccessful. He carried out air strikes in the areas of Toretsk and Bila Gora in the Donetsk region. The areas of Vasyukivka, Orikhove-Vasylivka, Khromove, Chasiv Yar, Ivanivske, Stupochki, Bila Gora, Diliyivka and New York in the Donetsk region were affected by enemy artillery shelling;
- In the Avdiivka sector, the enemy made an unsuccessful offensive near Nevelske. It carried out air strikes near Avdiivka, Donetsk region. It fired artillery at Novokalynove, Avdiivka, Lastochkino, Pivnichne, Pervomaiske, Karlivka and Nevelske in the Donetsk region;
- In the Maryinka sector, our defenders repelled all 8 enemy attacks in the area of Maryinka, while the enemy conducted air strikes within the settlement. Artillery shelling was carried out in the towns of Hostrye, Heorhiivka, Maryinka, Peremoha and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region;
- In the Shakhtarsk sector, the enemy conducted an air strike in the area of Velyka Novosilka. He fired at the settlements of Vuhledar, Prechistivka, Novoukrainka and Vremivka in the Donetsk region;
- In the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson directions, the enemy continues to conduct defensive actions. It conducted an air strike on Beryslav, Kherson region. It fired artillery at the settlements of Burlatske, Novosilka, Zelenoye Pole, Novopil, Temyrivka in the Donetsk region; Olgivske, Poltavka, Malynivka, Gulyaypole, Zaliznychne, Gulyaypolske, Charivne, Bilohirya, Mala Tokmachka, Novodanylivka, Preobrazhenka, Novoandriivka, Shcherbaki, Stepove and Kamianske in Zaporizhzhya region; Kozatske, Mykilske, Dniprovske in Kherson region and Kherson.
At the same time, the Russian Armed Forces suffer numerous losses, and cannot cope with the bodies of their liquidated accomplices. For example, after clashes with the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the Kupyansk sector, they are forced to use civilian buildings in Kharkiv region as morgues, but without proper equipment.
"Only on June 3, twenty trucks delivered wounded occupants to a school building converted into a field hospital in one of the settlements of Svatove district, Luhansk region. It is also known that about two hundred people are already undergoing treatment at the facility," the defenders said.
Over the past day, the Ukrainian defence aviation carried out 18 strikes on the areas of concentration of personnel and 2 on enemy anti-aircraft missile systems. The Russians also lost one reconnaissance drone, thanks to the effective work of our units.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported that Defence Minister Reznikov said that Ukraine would agree to China's mediation in ending the war against Russia only on one condition. This can only happen if Beijing forces Kremlin dictator Putin to withdraw his occupation army from Ukraine.