Bradley, Javelins, Stingers and more: US announces new $325 million aid package for Ukraine
The US announced a new aid package worth $325 million. It includes armoured vehicles and ammunition.
This was reported by the Pentagon press service. All deliveries will be made from the US Army's stockpiles.
"Today, the US Department of Defence announced additional military assistance to meet Ukraine's critical security and defence needs. This authorisation marks the fortieth release of equipment by the Biden Administration from the Department of Defence's stockpile for Ukraine since August 2021. It includes key capabilities to help Ukraine's efforts to regain its sovereign territory and to support Ukraine's air defence forces, which are courageously protecting Ukrainian soldiers, civilians and critical infrastructure, as well as artillery, anti-tank systems and ammunition worth up to $325 million," the statement said.
The new package includes:
- Missiles for NASAMS air defence systems;
- Stinger man-portable air defence systems;
- Ammunition for HIMARS MLRS;
- 155-mm and 105-mm artillery shells;
- 15 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles;
- 15 Stryker armoured personnel carriers;
- Javelin ATGMs;
- Ammunition for TOW ATGMs;
- AT-4 anti-tank grenade launchers;
- More than 22 million rounds of ammunition for small arms and grenades;
- Projectiles for overcoming obstacles;
- Secure communications equipment;
- Spare parts and other equipment.
"The United States will continue to work with its allies and partners to ensure that Ukraine has the capabilities to meet its immediate battlefield and long-term security needs," the Pentagon assured.
As OBOZREVATEL reported, the day before, on June 12, the White House announced a new military aid package for Ukraine. They did not say when exactly it was to be announced, but clarified that it would happen "very soon".