Zelenskyy arrives on a visit to Saudi Arabia and names key issues for negotiations
On Friday, May 19, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy arrived in Saudi Arabia for a visit to speak at the Arab League summit. The head of state is also planning to meet with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud and hold other bilateral talks.
The guarantor announced this in his Telegram. He named a number of items that are a priority for Ukraine today.
- return of all political prisoners of Crimea and the temporarily occupied territories, all prisoners and illegally deported persons,
- presenting its own formula for peace, the implementation of which should involve as many states as possible,
- ensuring energy security for the coming winter;
- protection of the Muslim community of Ukraine.
The President said that the leader of the Crimean Tatar people, Mustafa Dzhemilev, had also joined the President's team on the trip to Saudi Arabia.
"Crimea was the first to suffer from the Russian occupation, and most of those who are being repressed in the occupied Crimea are Muslims," the Ukrainian leader explained.
Recall that President Zelenskyy will also take part in the G7 summit online, which started on May 19 in Japan. It will address issues that are important for defending the interests of our country.
"Who would have doubted that our president would not be present there. We were confident that he would be wherever the country needs him, anywhere in the world, to address the issues of our country's stability," said Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the National Security Council of Ukraine.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL:
- Zelenskyy has created an Advisory Council on the de-occupation and reintegration of the temporarily occupied Crimea. The head of state also approved the composition of this body;
- The President said the day before that he had held another meeting of the military cabinet, which was attended by all those responsible for Ukraine's defence. The Head of State stressed that the priority for the near future is to obtain additional air defence systems, long-range missiles and aircraft, as well as training for Ukrainian soldiers.
Only verified information is available in our Obozrevatel Telegram channel and Viber. Do not fall for fakes!