Ukraine is also participating. Where to watch Christmas Biathlon Race-2023. Broadcast schedule
Ukrainian biathletes Yulia Dzhyma and Dmytro Pidruchnyi will compete in the 2023 Christmas Race. The traditional annual Biathlon World Team Challenge (the official name of the show) will take place on Thursday, December 28, at the Schalke football club stadium in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.
According to the regulations, the biathletes will first run a mass start, after which the starting list for the pursuit race will be formed based on its results.
Ukrainian fans will be able to watch the 2023 Christmas race thanks to a broadcast on Eurosport. The channel is available on the Megogo media service. The show will also be available on Supilne.Sport. The mass start starts at 19:00. The pursuit starts at 20:00 Kyiv time.
The full lineup looks like this:
- Julie Simon and Fabien Claude (France)
- Sophia Schneider and Roman Rees (Germany)
- Hannah Kebinger and Benedikt Doll (Germany)
- Ingrid Landmark Tandrevold and Sturla Holm Lagreid (Norway)
- Lisa Therese Hauser and Felix Leitner (Austria)
- Marketa Davidova and Michal Krchmarz (Czech Republic)
- Amy Baserga and Sebastian Stalder (Switzerland)
- Polona Klemenčič and Jakov Fak (Slovenia)
- Yulia Dzhima and Dmytro Pidruchnyi (Ukraine)
- Lotte Lieu and Florent Claude (Belgium)
This will be the second participation in such an event for our biathletes. In 2021, they took second place in the mass start, but eventually finished eighth.
This will be the 15th participation in the Christmas race for Ukraine. It should be noted that our country has two victories. In 2008, Andrii Derizemlia and Oksana Khvostenko were the first to finish, and in 2014, Serhii Semenov and Valentyna Semerenko were the first to finish.
In total, the Blue and Yellows have climbed to the podium six times.
Last year, Yulia Dzhyma ran with Anton Dudchenko and as a result, the Ukrainians finished eighth.