What are knydli and how to make them: a traditional Ukrainian recipe
Knydli is a traditional Ukrainian dish, predominantly found in Transcarpathia and Volyn. Knydli resembles a boiled potato pie with a filling - pâté, minced meat, meat, mushrooms or without it.
The food blogger Vitalina with the nickname vitala_foodblog on her Instagram page shared a recipe for potato knydli with minced meat.
- raw potatoes - 5 pcs
- jacket boiled potatoes - 5 pcs
- starch - 4 tbsp
- flour - 4 tbsp.
- salt - 1 tsp.
- pepper - 0.5 tsp.
- minced meat with onions/ mushrooms
For another stuffing:
- Smoked pork breast - 100 gr
- onion - 1 pc
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the potatoes (5 pcs.) in their middles, grate the rest and squeeze out the moisture. Mix them together.
2. Add the starch, flour and salt to the potatoes. Stir snd use wet hands to form the filled knydli. Roll the balls in the flour.
3. Boil the knydli in salted water.
4. Serve the knydli with roasted brisket and onions or herbs and sour cream.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported how to cook dumplings with pork rinds.