Mimosa salad without mayonnaise: how to make a tasty salad
Mimosa salad is one of the most delicious homemade salads on par with Olivier salad and Shuba. Traditionally, it is based on canned fish, eggs, vegetables, and mayonnaise. You can make this salad in a new way by adding tuna and making the dish without mayonnaise.
Food blogger Anastasiia with the nickname nastya_yizha on her Instagram page shared a recipe for "Mimosa" salad with tuna and without mayonnaise - a delicious Philadelphia-based sauce is used instead.
- potatoes - 2 pcs
- carrots - 1 pc
- eggs - 2 pcs
- green onions - a bunch
- canned tuna in its own juice - 160 g
- Philadelphia cream cheese or other cream cheese - 175 g
- milk - 1-2 tbsp. or cream - 10-15%
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the potatoes, carrots and eggs until tender.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Mix cream cheese and milk or cream. It will be a sauce for the salad.
4. Drain the tuna and mash with a fork.
5. Grate the potatoes and put them as the first layer. Season with salt and pour over the sauce.
6. Put the tuna and onions. Pour the sauce mesh again.
7. Grate the carrots, put the onions and pour the sauce over them.
8. Grate eggs and spread them evenly on top. It is better to leave the finished salad to stand for 2-3 hours.
Also, you can read these recipes on OBOZREVATEL: