Hummus with kefir and garlic: how to make an unusual appetizer
Chickpeas are often used to replace meat. This is not surprising, as the product is very nutritious and satisfying. This legume is the main ingredient for hummus, an appetizer that can be spread on toast, croutons, or eaten straight with vegetables. The next idea for this dish is unusual because it contains kefir.
The idea for hummus with kefir and garlic was published on the Instagram page of food blogger Kateryna with the nickname kate.deliciouss.
- chickpeas - 200 g
- water - 500 g
- kefir - 200 g
- tahini - 60 gr
- garlic - 15 g (4 cloves)
- oil - 10 g
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- hot sauce (as desired)
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the chickpeas and cover them with water overnight. Leave at room temperature.
2. Cook the chickpeas until tender. It is easy to crush between your fingers.
3. Put the garlic in foil, pour oil over it. Wrap it up. Put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
4. Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, add kefir, tahini, oil, and garlic. Add salt and pepper.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes, taste, add more salt and pepper if necessary. You can add hot sauce.
6. Sprinkle with your favorite herbs and drizzle with lemon juice before serving.
7. Serve with pita bread
Also, you can read these recipes on OBOZREVATEL: