How to cook a knuckle roll: it turns out juicy and not greasy
A knuckle is the part of a pork leg that is most often baked. If you want to cook such meat so that it is not greasy, you can make a roll. According to the following technology it has to be boiled.
The idea of making a knuckle roll is published on the page of food blogger Julia Simonchuk (cook_julija_simonchuk) on Instagram. For a spicy taste, you need to add garlic and spices.
- knuckle - 1 pc
- garlic - 5-7 cloves
- salt, pepper - to taste
- coriander - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the shank, dry it and cut out the bone.
2. Cut off the meat, leaving only the fat on the skin.
3. Cut the cut meat into small pieces.
4. Add salt, pepper, coriander, squeeze garlic to the meat. Knead everything well, taste for salt.
5. On the surface of the board unroll the peel, also a little salt and spread the meat evenly on it.
6. Wrap it in a roll, wrap it in clingfilm, tie it tightly with string and put it in a pot to boil for 3 hours.
7. After that we take it out, put it under the press and put it out in the cold all night long. In the morning the delicious roll is ready.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: