Classic sweet Ukrainian Easter cake: a recipe proven over the years
A classic Ukrainian Easter cake is a recipe for Easter baked by our grandmothers, and it has definitely been tested over the years. It is based on the classic yeast dough, to which citrus zest and large amounts of raisins are added for special flavor and aroma. The pastry rises beautifully and turns out very soft.
One of the culinary blogs(maslyana_tm) on Instagram posted a classic recipe for Ukrainian Easter cake with citrus zest and raisins.
- flour - 750-800 g
- warm milk - 220 ml
- dry yeast - 10 g
- egg - 1 pc
- egg yolk - 1 pc
- sugar - 250 g
- vanilla essence
- orange - 1 pc
- butter - 100 g
- vegetable oil - 30 g
- raisins - 100 g
- powdered sugar - 100 g
- orange juice - 1 2 pc
- coconut chips - 100g
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the sourdough you need to mix warm milk, 1 tbsp. sugar from the total amount, yeast. Stir, cover with a towel and leave for 15 minutes.
2. To the prepared sourdough add the egg, egg yolk, salt, sugar, butter, vegetable oil, orange zest and juice, vanilla. Stir everything with a whisk.
4. Gradually add the flour, knead the dough first with a spoon, then with your hands. It should be soft and not stick to your hands. Cover with a towel and leave to rise in the heat for 1 hour.
5. Once an hour has passed, incorporate the raisins into the dough, immediately grease your hands with butter and fill the molds with dough by 1 / 3. Leave for a while to let the pastries to rise a little.
6. Bake at 160 degrees for 40 minutes.
7. For the glaze, mix the powder and orange juice.
8. Dip the finished Easter cakes in the glaze and then dip it in the coconut shavings.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: