Lightly salted salmon in a new way: how to salt red fish well
It is very easy to prepare lightly salted salmon at home, using only sugar and salt. Following the recipe, the red fish turns out juicy and tender. When ready, it is a wonderful addition to sandwiches, toasts, salads and gourmet appetizers.
Food blogger Catherine Swallow(kate_lastivka) on her Instagram page shared a recipe for lightly salted salmon in a new way, namely with the addition of citrus zest, which gives the fish a great fresh flavor and tangy taste.
- salmon fillet - 400 g
- coarse salt - 3 tbsp.
- sugar - 2 tbsp.
- zest - 1 orange and lemon
- black pepper - 5-6 units
- rosemary - 1 twig
1. First you need to wash the salmon fillets, peel them of all bones, if necessary you can use tweezers, and remove the skin.
2. Mix separately salt, sugar, grate citrus zest on a fine grater.
3. Put half of the mixture on the bottom of the container, then place the fillets and cover them with the rest of the mixture. It is important to salt the fish well on all sides, so that the salmon is evenly salted.
4. The container with the fish should be closed and placed in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours.
5. When the allotted time has passed, you need to take the fish out of the refrigerator, rinse it with cold water and dry it with paper towels. Now you can cut it into pieces and eat it. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: