How to prepare thick blackberry jam for winter: no seeds and thickeners
Blackberry jam is a very useful and tasty preparation for the winter. It is easy to prepare, turn out fragrant and has a delicate texture. It can be closed with whole berries or seedless ones and supplemented with citrus for a bright flavor.
- blackberries - 1 kg
- sugar - 800 g
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- lemon zest - 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Mix blackberries and sugar in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Put on fire and cook until the berry is soft.
2. After this, the mass should be strained through a sieve.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and put it back on fire. Bring to a boil.
4. As the mass boils, add lemon juice and zest. Сook the jam until thickened, stirring constantly. This will take 20-30 minutes.
5. Pour the hot thick jam into dry sterile jars and seal with lids tightly. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: