How to make universal dough: suitable for buns, pies and patties
It's no secret that the key to successful pies, cakes, and buns is the dough. For pastries to be soft, fluffy and long-lasting, it is better to cook them with yeast. As for the filling, it can be salty or sweet.
On her Instagram page, food blogger Daria with the nickname daria_dish shared a recipe for a universal pastry that is suitable for any baked goods with different fillings.
- warm milk/water - 200 ml
- live yeast - 20 g / dry 10 g
- egg - 1 pc
- sugar - 3 tbsp
- flour - 400-450 grams
- butter - 30 g
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp.
- salt - pinch
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to dilute the yeast in warm milk. If desired, you can use half the milk and the same amount of water.
2. Add the sugar, stir and leave the sourdough in this form for 5 minutes.
3. Separately, mix the egg with a pinch of salt and vanilla sugar until smooth.
4. Pour the cooked starter and melted butter into the mixture. Stir to mix.
5. Add flour and knead the dough. If the dough will be sticky, then periodically grease your hands with vegetable oil, but do not add extra flour. When the dough is soft and elastic, leave it in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: