How to make powdered sugar yourself: simple ways and tips
Many recipes for sweet pastries call for powdered sugar. Indeed, there are times when you don't have it at hand and wonder how to make powdered sugar yourself.
The FoodOboz editorial team has gathered information for you and will tell you how and what you can use to make powdered sugar.
The most popular electrical appliances that allow you to grind sugar into powdered sugar are:
- A stationary blender (immersion blenders are not as efficient).
- Coffee grinder. However, the only disadvantage of using it is the residual coffee flavor and aroma.
Grinding granulated sugar in a hand mortar is a long and difficult process. But it is quite possible. To do this, pour 1-3 tablespoons of sugar into a mortar and grind to the desired state. Sift the resulting mass through a fine sieve again.
This method is suitable if you need a small amount of powder and, of course, if the dish has a rich flavor that does not have a noticeable aftertaste of fragrant salty spices.
Dough rolling pin
A bottle can be used instead of a dough rolling pin. In addition, you will also need thick white paper. The method of grinding:
1. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of sugar between two sheets of paper.
2. Mash the sugar with a rolling pin until a characteristic crunch appears.
3. Pour the resulting mixture into a dry container.