How to freeze apples so they don't turn black: the best way
To preserve apples for the winter, you can do more than just make jam, preserves, or dry them. The fruit is often frozen. Following the recommendations, they do not turn black, do not lose their flavor, and most importantly, they are great for home baking: pies and buns.
What you need:
- parchment paper
- cutting board \ refrigerator shelf
1. First, you need to prepare the apples, namely wash them and dry them with a towel.
2. Next, core the fruit and cut it into slices.
3. Sprinkle the cut apples with lemon juice. This is to prevent the fruit from turning black.
4. At this stage, cover a cutting board or refrigerator shelf with parchment, arrange the apple slices in a single layer and cover them with parchment again. You can put another layer of fruit on top and cover it with parchment as well. Freeze the apples in the freezer like this.
5. After that, pack the fruit in ziplock bags and store in the freezer. And you're done!
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL reported how to store apples so that they do not rot.