How to easily peel a coconut: a simple life hack
A coconut is an exotic fruit (yes, a coconut is not a nut) that has long been a common product on supermarket shelves. However, not everyone dares to buy it because they know they will have a hard time opening the coconut.
There are many ways to get rid of the coconut's tough skin. But the most effective one was shared on Instagram by a food blogger with the nickname karinafisenkova.
You will need a large, sturdy knife to peel the coconut.
1. Take the coconut in your hand and use the blunt side of the knife to make strong stabs into the middle of the fruit all the way around, cracking the shell.
2. When the shell cracks, stick the sharp side of a knife into it and divide the fruit into two parts.
3. Make cuts in the flesh of the coconut from edge to edge.
4. Pry the flesh of the coconut on one side and pull it out.
5. Remove the remaining pulp and enjoy the taste.
Earlier, OBOZ.UA also published useful life hacks: