Gluten-free Slovak dumplings: an incredible dish with Hutsul cheese
Dumplings are pieces of dough that have been cooked in water or broth. They are often served as a separate dish or as a filling for soup. This dish is quite common in Europe and has a long Ukrainian history.
If dumplings are served as a separate dish, they need to be seasoned with something. For example, it can be sour cream, or fried onions, or even cracklings. Cheese expert Oksana Chernova recently posted a recipe on Instagram for Slovak dumplings made with gluten-free flour and served with Hutsul cheese.
- Potatoes - 4-5 pieces
- Gluten-free flour - 200 gr
- Protein of 1 egg
- Cheese - 400 gr
Method of making the dough
1.Grate the potatoes on a fine grater and squeeze out the moisture, add flour, a pinch of salt and protein.
1. Knead the dough thoroughly.
2. Put a sieve in salted boiling water and rub the dough into it with quick movements and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Quickly take the dumplings out of the water, put them on a plate, add cheese and sour cream, and cracklings.
4. Sprinkle with herbs on top.
How to prepare the dressing
1. Fry the bacon in a frying pan.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese and sour cream. The dressing is ready.