Bigos without meat in a new way: what seasonal vegetable to add to the dish
Classic Polish bigos (Hunter's stew) is traditionally made of cabbage either fresh or sauerkraut, as well as meat like pork, beef, duck or even game. However, there is an alternative. The dish can be made from a seasonal vegetable, zucchini.
- zucchini - 3 pcs
- carrots - 2 pcs
- onion - 1 pc
- sausages - 400 g
- tomatoes - 400 g
- flour - 1-2 tbsp.
- salt, pepper, spices
Method of preparation:
1. Wash zucchini, peel and grate on a coarse grater. Salt and leave for a few minutes to let the vegetable juice.
2. Dice the sausages and fry them separately.
3. Grate the carrots and chop the onion. Fry the onion until golden, then add the carrots and fry until soft.
4. Add zucchini to the vegetables and stew for a few minutes.
5. Chop and add tomatoes, salt, pepper and spices. Add sausages and flour to make the bigos thicker. Stew everything until cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with herbs. Enjoy your appetite!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: