How to wipe a TV screen to shine: a safe life hack
Conventional dust removers are not suitable for technology. This is especially true for modern screens. They do not tolerate strong friction, so the cleaning agent must act instantly, be effective and not damage the delicate screen coating. But, in this case, how can you clean your TV screen with home remedies without causing harm?
As OBOZREVATEL has found out, a suitable cleaning liquid can be made on the basis of vinegar. To clean the screen from stains, dirt and fingerprints, you will need:
- vinegar, ideally white vinegar, not cider vinegar;
- distilled water;
- a dry cloth for cleaning glasses;
- microfibre cloth.
Prepare a solution of water and vinegar in a 1:1 ratio. You can also take water with 1-2 drops of dishwashing detergent. The main thing to remember is that in this case, the amount of soap should be very small, and it should never foam thickly.
The next step is as follows:
- Switch off the screen and, if possible, unplug it. This will help you see dust and stains on a completely black surface better.
- Take a dry eyewash and gently wipe the screen to remove dust. Do not wipe stains or fingerprints with pressure. Doing so can damage the screen matrix and knock out image pixels. You can also use a dusting brush for this step.
- When there is no dust left on the screen, moisten a microfibre cloth in the prepared cleaning solution, wring it out properly and gently wipe the contaminated areas without pressing. It is better to go over the stain several times than to remove it in one go, but by pressing on the screen.
- Shake the eyewear cloth to remove dust and gently pass it over the screen again to remove any remaining moisture and dirt.
What not to do when cleaning the screen
Do not use paper towels or ordinary cloths to wipe the screen, as they may scratch the sensitive surface.
Never clean the screen with products containing ammonia, ethyl alcohol, acetone, or ethyl chloride. They can cause yellowing of the screen. These components are often found in window cleaning liquids.
Never spray liquid directly onto the screen. Doing so could cause liquid to enter the appliance and damage it. If you have poured the cleaner into a spray bottle, apply it first to the cloth and then to the screen.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL told how to get rid of dust on shelves, tables and other horizontal surfaces for a long time.
Subscribe to OBOZREVATEL's Telegram and Viber channels to keep up with the latest news.