The Paris Opera House will be turned into a huge bedroom for one night: guests are offered a ballet, tours and a visit to the Phantom's house. Photo
The online accommodation booking service Airbnb will turn the famous Paris Opera House into a large bedroom in which visitors can spend the night for the first time. By registering in advance, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy performances by artists and see the Phantom's house from Gaston Leroux's novel The Phantom of the Opera.
Reservations for the Grand Opera will be available March 1 from 5 p.m. Kiev time on the Airbnb site. An overnight stay at the Opéra, also known as the Palais Garnier, is scheduled for July 16, 2023.
What guests will get:
- An opportunity to see hidden parts of the Palace that are rarely shown to the public, in particular the Opera's private archives and the famous underground lake;
- A private ballet with one of the artists of the Opera de Paris;
- An exclusive concert performed by artists of the Paris Opera Academy, as well as a champagne and hors d'oeuvres treat;
- Dinner in the Foyer de la Danse, a private and historic backstage dance rehearsal room. Dancers use the room to warm up before performances;
- A tour of the private dance studios beneath the eaves of the iconic Opera House, during which visitors will enjoy a view of Paris.
A night at the Opera House will cost 37 euros, the price set in honor of the number of the Lodge of Honor.
It is noted, however, that booking your place at the Palais Garnier will not be easy. To do so, the guest must have a verified account on Airbnb with enough bookings and a good rating, and must be over 18 years old.
From a single profile, it will be possible to book just two overnight stays at the Paris Opera House.
The goal of the Airbnb service is to revive historical tourism in Europe. As part of this program, the company provides the necessary support to restore and improve the heritage of the Opera House. In particular, it is involved in the restoration of the Palais Garnier.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL, the series "Wednesday", which became a record-breaker on the streaming platform Netflix, was filmed in Romania. In particular, for the main scenes of the Academy for Outcasts "Nevermore" was chosen Castle Cantacuzino. It can be visited for only 270 hryvnias.