Simple and delicious Brazilian carrot dessert: chef's recipe
We suggest you to make one of the hallmarks of Brazilian cuisine: bolo de cenoura, an extremely tasty but rather simple carrot cake. It is not known for certain when it became popular in Brazil: according to one version, it was made in a family of migrants from Italy. I was born in Piedmont, but I lived in Brazil for a while, so I'll tell you how to make this pie.
- Carrots - 600 g
- Vegetable oil - 10 g
- Eggs - 4 pcs
- Flour - 300 g
- Sugar - 150 g
- Baking powder - 1 package
- Cream - 150 g
- Chocolate - 150 g
How to cook:
- Chop the peeled carrots, put them in a blender. Beat in the eggs. Pour in the oil (preferably olive). Blend everything until it has the consistency of porridge.
- Now add sugar to the blender. Mix again and then pour into a bowl.
- Add the flour to the dough and mix with a whisk. Add the baking powder and mix again.
- Grease a baking dish with oil. Put the dough in it and put it in the oven preheated to 180° for 30-40 minutes.
- This dessert is served with chocolate, so make a chocolate ganache for it! To do this, melt the cream and chocolate in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cut the finished dessert into portions and pour the ganache over each piece.
More recipes from Marco: here.
Casserole jam pie: what kind of dough to make a puffy pastry
Fruits and berries are good for the filling