If there is no electricity and heat for a long time: a reminder of what must be done in the apartment
Ukrainians are advised to take certain measures if there is no electricity or heat for a long time. The first step is to turn off all household appliances.
Tips for blackouts
Power surges can cause a fire: this explains the need to disconnect all electrical appliances from the grid.
The simplest lighting sources will come in handy: flashlights and candles.
It is better not to open the refrigerator and freezer unnecessarily so that the food stays cool as long as possible.
Charcoal or a home generator should not be used indoors as they emit carbon monoxide. The most dangerous thing about carbon monoxide is that you cannot see or smell it.
If there is no electricity and heat for a long time
If you have no electricity or heat for more than a day in winter, you should follow these tips
- doors and windows should be additionally insulated and sealed to help keep the heat in;
- it is better to have all family members in the same room;
- thermal underwear and warm clothes will be useful;
- find out about the nearest heating points where you can drink hot drinks and charge your gadgets;
- buy long-term storage products, such as various types of canned food. You can buy a portable tabletop stove for cooking.
Earlier, OBOZ.UA told you how to get warm without heating in winter.