How to set up flash notifications on Android and iPhone: a useful life hack
If you're worried about missing a call when your iPhone or Android smartphone is on silent mode, or even lying on a table with the screen facing down, worry no more.
With a simple life hack available to every smartphone user, you can set your camera flash to a special mode that will respond to notifications or calls and beep.
OBOZREVATEL will tell you how to set up this feature. It will also be useful for people with hearing impairments.
How to turn on the notification indicator on iPhone
Installing the notification indicator on iPhone is very simple. All you need to do is change the settings available on each iPhone or iPad.
Here's what you need to do
- Open Settings;
- go to the Accessibility section (if you have an older version of iOS, you'll need to open General first and then Accessibility);
- next, open Audible/Visuals (in older versions of iOS, LED Flashing);
- go to Flash for Notifications and switch on the feature;
- turn on the LED flash slider; here you can also choose whether the flash should always be triggered or only in silent mode.
You can also turn this setting off later if you decide you no longer need it.
How to switch on the notification light on Android
The same procedure is no more complicated on an Android smartphone than on an iPhone. However, depending on the manufacturer of your smartphone, the instructions may differ slightly. It's also possible that your phone doesn't have support for flash notifications at all.
Here's what you need to do:
- Open Settings;
- find the Accessibility section;
- if you have Flash for notifications in this section, open it, if not, go to the next step;
- open Hearing;
- select Notification Flash and switch it on.
On Android smartphones, light notifications can be triggered by a flash or flashing of the smartphone screen. Choose the option that is more convenient for you.
Similarly, you can switch off the flash for notifications if you no longer need it.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL also talked about why you should always put your phone face down.