How to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew: popular ways
A pleasant evening in the company of friends and a bottle of wine can be spoiled by the lack of a corkscrew. But resourceful people have invented and successfully tested several tips that can be used to uncork a bottle, using improvised materials.
Open the bottle can be screwdriver and pliers, which, in principle, too, are not always at hand. OBOZREVATEL gathered top flyhacks with step-by-step instructions that will replace the corkscrew in a force majeure situation.
Method 1: A knife or a key
1. Take a bottle of wine, once again making sure there is no corkscrew nearby.
2. Remove the label from the top of the cork.
3. Using a knife or wrench, gently push the cork inside. It is important to rotate the cork at a 50° angle and not to make any sudden movements.
Method 2. Screwdriver or pliers
1. If you have a screwdriver or pliers, you can try this good old-fashioned method. But pay attention, you will need physical strength here. Insert the self-tapping screw into the plug so that it protrudes from the surface by 1.5-2 cm.
2. Take pliers, grasp the screw and pull it toward you to pull the plug out.
3. Instead of pliers, a hammer nailer will also work. You can only use this tip for young wines with a solid cork.
Method 3. Towel
With this method, the cork will fly out of the bottle by itself, but there is a risk of damaging the bottle. Wrap the bottle in a towel and tap the bottom against the wall until the cork flies out under pressure.
Method 4: The heating effect
1. Another risky method, but effective. Turn on the stove, take a bottle of wine, remove the label from the cork.
2. Hold the bottle by the neck, bring it to the stove and hold it over the warm air. Exposing the wine to too high temperatures can cause it to explode. But, if done carefully and correctly, the cork will soon fly out of the bottle easily.
Method 5: Another Bottle
1. It is not necessary to have two bottles of wine. A regular 1.5L bottle of still water will do.
2. Holding the wine horizontally, tap lightly on the bottom of the plastic bottle until the cork flies out.
Method 6: Manicure scissors
1. After disinfecting your manicure scissors with alcohol, insert one blade in the middle of the plug and the other on the side. You should get a construction that looks a bit like a compass.
2. The scissors should go about ½ length into the cork. Gently twist until the cork falls inside the bottle.
Method 7: Sharp heels
1. If you have shoes with very thin and sharp heels, you can use them to open a bottle of wine.
2. After disinfecting the heel, insert it into the cork and try to push it inside.
Earlier OBOZREVATEL told that in Kyiv have changed the time for sale of alcohol.
Subscribe to OBOZREVATEL channels in Telegram and Viber to keep up with the latest events.