How to fold socks and T-shirts properly: a Japanese method from Marie Kondo
It's time to go through your wardrobe: put away summer clothes for the next season and bring warm sweaters, sweatshirts, and cardigans to the forefront. If you are not the lucky owner of a spacious dressing room, you may have problems organizing your closet.
OBOZREVATEL suggests recalling the Konmari method, which was created by Marie Kondo, a well-known expert in tidying up, consultant and writer. Read the article to find out what the method is all about and how to fold your things.
Marie Kondo and the Konmari method
Marie Kondo has developed a cleaning method that combines functionality and pleasure. The expert advises considering the process of putting things in order in the house not as an unpleasant routine or duty but as a kind of therapy that calms and organizes thoughts.
Marie Kondo's basic rules are:
1. According to Marie Kondo, things carry a certain energy. This energy does not come from nowhere: we "charge" our clothes with it. Therefore, the first thing to do is to get rid of unnecessary extra things that do not bring pleasure and only take up space in the closet.
2. Divide things into categories:
- Functional, that you often use in everyday life;
- Emotional, associated with certain events (the dress you wore on your first date with your future husband, the overalls your son wore when he took his first steps), etc.
3. The rule for determining the need for a particular wardrobe item is as follows: take the item and think about whether it evokes positive emotions. If not, throw it in the trash or donate it to charity if it is in good condition.
4. Roll things up and place them vertically in a clothes organizer. Not all things need to be hung up.
5. The color scheme also matters: hang things from dark to light colors.
How to fold T-shirts
Marie Kondo explained how to fold clothes in the closet to maximize space and not go through all the clothes in search of the right T-shirt.
Step 1. Lay the T-shirt out flat and turn it over to the back.
Step 2. Roll up the side seams and sleeves to form a rectangle.
Step 3. Fold the T-shirt in half and then do it again. The neck should "hide" inside. In this way, you can put the T-shirt in an organizer or on a shelf in an upright position to make it easier to get it out.
How to fold socks
Socks are another problem as they are constantly getting lost.
Step 1. Buy an organizer or take a regular cardboard box.
Step 2. Align the socks, place them one on top of the other, and gently fold them to form a small rectangle.
Step 3. Place the socks vertically in the container.
Earlier, OBOZREVATEL spoke about another Japanese method of folding clothes.