Homemade Adjarian khachapuri with two kinds of cheese: the most successful recipe for baking in the oven
Adjarian khachapuri is the best alternative to pizza and pies. You can cook them from yeast and ready-made puff pastry. Any cheese and sour-milk cottage cheese are suitable for the filling.
- water - 80 ml
- flour - 270 g + for surface preparation
- milk - 80 ml
- dry yeast - 5 g
- salt - 1 tsp.
- butter - 30 g
- egg yolk + 1 tbsp. milk to grease the dough
- suluguni - 180 g
- sour milk cottage cheese - 220 g (can be replaced with Adygea, Immereti, mozzarella, feta or feta cheese)
- milk - 50 ml
- salt - a pinch
- 1-2 yolks
Method of preparation:
1. Dough: in a deep bowl, mix warm water and milk, sugar, yeast, 2 tbsp. flour, mix and leave for 10 minutes. Then add salt, melted butter and the remaining flour, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until soft and elastic. Form a ball and transfer to an oiled plate, cover with foil. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
2. Filling: grate suluguni cheese, mash sour milk curd with a fork, pour in milk and mix everything together.
3. Roll the ready dough into a round/roll or stretch it with your hands, fill the sides with filling (1-2 tbsp. per 1 side) and pinch the edges. Pinch the ends of the dough to form a "ship".
4. Transfer it to a baking tray lined with parchment, place the remaining filling. Brush the sides with milk and egg yolk and bake for 20-25 minutes at 200C.
After taking out, put the egg yolk and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: