AFU received German-made ammunition for Gepard: details
Newly manufactured ammunition for Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns has arrived in Ukraine from Germany. The partner country has made the first delivery of a five-digit quantity of shells to our army.
This was reported by the Ministry of Defense of Germany, NZZ writes. It is noted that the delivery was realized thanks to the quite fast completion of the construction of a production line for the manufacture of ammunition.
Germany handed over a new package of military aid to Ukraine on August 30, which included 10 Leopard 1A5 tanks. In addition, it contained:
- one TRML-4D radar;
- 16 Vector unmanned reconnaissance systems;
- four HX81 tank transporters;
- more than 13 million rounds of small arms ammunition.
Belgium also plans to transfer Sea Sparrow surface-to-air missiles to Ukraine. We are talking about eight units of this military equipment, which Brussels bought from Germany to hand over to the Ukrainian Defense Forces. Earlier it was reported that Ukraine in cooperation with Poland is carrying out the integration of Sea Sparrow missiles on the 9A310 self-propelled firing unit of the Buk anti-aircraft missile system.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL:
- German media explained why Chancellor Olaf Scholz is in no hurry to decide on providing Ukraine with Taurus cruise missiles. The head of the German government fears that Ukrainian troops will start using these weapons to strike the territory of the aggressor country Russia.
- Ukraine will receive Slinger anti-drone systems manufactured by the Electro Optic Systems Australian company, capable of shooting down helicopters and Shahed drones. This will result in meeting critical security and defense needs.