How to preserve sorrel: the easiest way
There are many ways to preserve sorrel. The best of them is canning in jars. Thanks to these greens do not lose their flavor properties and natural acidity. For canning, experienced housewives advise using young sorrel, collected in April-May, and grown later - coarse and not as useful.
FoodOboz editorial staff chose a simple and easy recipe for canning sorrel in jars.
- sorrel - 200 g
- water - 1 tbsp.
- salt - 0,5 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. First, you need to pick and rinse the sorrel leaves under cold water. Place in a colander and leave to dry out a little.
2. Cut the sorrel leaves as thinly as possible.
3. Pour the water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. After boiling, add the sorrel leaves. Cover with the lid and simmer for 4 minutes.
4. Then stir the sorrel with a wooden spoon, cover again and leave for 2-3 minutes.
5. Place the steamed greens in sterilized jars and close tightly with lids. Turn the jars upside down, cover with something warm and leave so until completely cooled. Store the cooled sorrel in a cool place.
Previously OBOZREVATEL reported how to freeze sorrel for the winter.