Spectacular salad with crispy eggplant: how to prepare a seasonal appetizer
While the eggplants are fresh, they can be made into delicious appetizers. A great option would be to make a salad. To do this, fry the vegetables to make them crispy.
Ingredients for two servings:
- eggplant - 1 pc,
- corn starch
- tomatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- cream cheese - 1/3 of a pack
- parsley/cilantro - 1/2 bunch
- oil for frying
- balsamic - to taste
- spices: salt, pepper - to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Wash eggplants and peel them (you can leave the skin on if you wish).
2. Cut into large and coarse pieces.
3. Season with salt, mix and set aside for 20 minutes.
4. Wash tomatoes and cut them into coarse pieces (I peel the tomatoes, dipping them in boiling water beforehand).
5. Chop parsley.
6. Remove excess moisture from the eggplant with paper towels.
7. Heat the oil.
8. Add starch to the dried eggplant and mix. There should be enough starch so that each piece is well coated.
9. Gently shaking off the excess starch, put in hot oil and fry on both sides over high heat until golden brown.
10. Put tomatoes and eggplants on a plate. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
11. Spoon the cream cheese and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
12. Drizzle with balsamic and serve.
You can also find recipes on OBOZREVATEL: