Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra is still selling a book which glorifies Putin. Photo
Kyiv Pechersk Lavra (KPL) store is still selling a book that calls Kremlin dictator Vladimir Putin a "benefactor" in the second year of the full-scale Russian invasion. This publication was printed in the KPL printing house in 2018 when the Russian aggression against Ukraine had already begun.
According to OBOZREVATEL, the printed edition of "The World Was Not Worthy of Them" can still be ordered on the HRC website. The book of almost 500 pages will cost 750 hryvnias.
The editor-in-chief of the publication is the former abbot of the Lavra, Metropolitan Pavlo (Lebid) of the UOC-MP.
The text was written by the hieromonks of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, Inokentiy (Pidtoptany), Dionisiy (Abramov) and Inokentiy (Sementsov).
A number of other odious personalities are among the other "benefactors" whom the monks thank:
- Mykola Azarov, former Prime Minister of Ukraine under Yanukovych, who fled to Russia after the Revolution of Dignity. On October 20, 2021, Kyiv's Pechersk Court in absentia imposed a pre-trial restraint on Azarov in the form of detention.
- Former Minister of Defense of Ukraine Dmytro Salamatin. In 2014, he fled to Russia, where he is hiding from the investigation and is wanted.
- Former Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Mykola Zlochevsky. In August 2023, he paid off the charges of the largest bribe in the history of Ukraine. In this way, he became one step closer to being released from criminal prosecution, although other criminal cases against the former official are still ongoing and he is still wanted.
- Former Minister of Energy and Coal Industry Eduard Stavytsky. He has been in Israel since 2014.
- Former MP Serhiy Liovochkin. In the spring of 2023, he was spotted on the Cote d'Azur, where he rented a mansion. However, the MP's press service said that Lovochkin is a permanent resident of Ukraine and has only left the country twice: for knee surgery and on a business trip.
"Dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the revival of monastic life in the Holy Dormition Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra," is how the book is described on the website. Its content is devoted to the monastery itself and its figures.
As of the evening of October 5, "The Whole World Is Not Worthy of Them" can be purchased in the online store. The book was in stock and available for order.
As OBOZREVATEL wrote:
- Since the beginning of the full-scale war on October 4, 2023, the Security Service of Ukraine has exposed and detained more than 60 clerics of the UOC-MP for committing crimes. Some of the offenders worked for Russia, others sold weapons or even child pornography.
- Representatives of the UOC-MP have not completely left the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra (some of the premises have already been moved out). The court ordered the Moscow Patriarchate to return 79 objects to the National Reserve.