Pancakes that always turn out puffy and do not burn: what to cook on
Ideal pancakes should be puffy, tender and fat-free. In order for them to be just like that, you need to choose the right base for the batter. Kefir is ideal.
- sour milk/kefir - 400 ml
- chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- sugar - 2.5 tbsp.
- baking soda (with slide) - 1 tsp.
- salt - 0,5 tsp.
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp.
- flour - 300 gr (about 2,5 cup)
Method of preparation:
1. In a bowl break the eggs, pour sugar, salt, beat everything with a mixer or whisk. Pour the sour milk into the egg mixture, mix.
2. Add the sifted flour and baking soda to the mass, mix everything gently with a whisk or mixer.
3 You can not achieve perfect uniformity, let small lumps of flour remain - the dough for fluffy pancakes on sour milk does not like a special kneading.
4. It is necessary to achieve the consistency of thick sour cream, this point is especially important. If there is not enough flour, the pancakes will not rise, and if there is too much, they will not fry.
5. Now the dough needs to stand. To do this, we need to cover it with a lid and put it in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes the dough will be ready for frying. You will see bubbles on the surface from the reaction of baking soda with sour milk. Do not stir the batter.
7. Pour into a heated frying pan. You can fry in vegetable oil. If everything is done correctly, holes will appear on the pancakes.
8. Using a fork or spatula, flip the pancakes. When one side is quite browned, fry the other side.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: