Georgian-style pkhali: how to cook a spicy snack made of beets
Pkhali is a popular Georgian snack made with various vegetables, necessarily nuts and spices. Simply put, it is a vegetable pâté, which is served in the form of colored balls. They turn out quite unusual and piquant in taste.
Chef Anatoly Dobrovolsky(dobrovolskiy_hchef) on his Instagram page shared a recipe for Georgian snack pkhali made of beets.
- Boiled or baked beets - 500 g
- onion - 1 pc.
- garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Roasted walnuts - 100 g
- salt, pepper
- coriander ground - 1/2 tbsp.
- utscho suneli (fenugreek) - 1 tsp.
- wine or apple cider vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- Nuts, pomegranate and greens for serving
Method of preparation:
1. Bake or boil the beets in advance, grate them on a coarse grater when ready.
2 Cut the onion into several pieces and put it in the bowl of a blender, add the garlic, a bunch of parsley and coriander, salt and pepper, vinegar, coriander and sunflower. Whisk everything until smooth.
3. Add the nut mixture to the beets. Stir and form into balls.
4. Serve with ground nuts, greens and pomegranate seeds.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: