Sicilian orange marmalade: a delicious dessert and a great decoration for cakes
We all love marmalade since childhood. It is a wonderful delicacy with a variety of flavors that can take on any appearance. That's why marmalade can not only be eaten as a separate dessert but also made into a very beautiful cake decor.
There are many recipes for marmalade, and they all differ significantly from each other. Recently, a food blogger with the nickname dovgan_lily_ posted a recipe for marmalade on Instagram, which can be followed to make a wonderful dessert.
- Sicilian orange juice - 450 ml
- sugar - 364 g
- citrus pectin - 14 g
- glucose syrup - 110 g
- citric acid - 5 g
- hot water for citric acid - 5 ml
It should be noted that this recipe is quite demanding, so you should not deviate from the specified proportions.
Method of preparation
1. Pour the juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2: Mix sugar and pectin and add to the juice. Remove from heat and stir vigorously with a whisk.
3. Return the saucepan to the fire and add the glucose syrup.
4. Continue to cook the marmalade over medium heat. You need to bring the mixture to 107-109 degrees from time to time. This is an important point of the recipe. If done incorrectly, the marmalade will get wet.
5. Add citric acid to the marmalade, stir, and quickly pour into molds. After adding this ingredient, the marmalade will begin to set instantly, so it is important not to miss this moment.
6. Leave the marmalade for 5-8 hours, then cut into desired pieces, roll in powdered sugar or cover with chocolate, and let rest for another 4 hours. Store at room temperature.
You can find other interesting dessert recipes on OBOZ.UA: