No yeast, no eggs, no baking: how to make thin pita bread in a pan
Thin pita can easily be made at home in a pan or in the oven. Most importantly, no eggs, yeast, or other dairy products are needed for the dough.
Foodblogger Inna with the nickname zefi.rk0 on her Instagram page shared a recipe for homemade thin pita, which you can easily make in a pan.
- wheat flour - 350 g
- hot water - 200 g
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, add hot water, salt, vegetable oil to the flour. First stir everything thoroughly with a spoon, and then continue to stir with your hands until a homogeneous elastic dough.
2. Leave the finished dough to rest for 20-30 minutes.
3. After the dough has rested, divide it into equal parts. Roll out each part into a thin circle.
4. Fry the pita on a dry frying pan until it turns brown.
5. Dip the ready pita with water and cover with foil. This is to make it soft and elastic.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: