Kefir pancakes: a delicious breakfast that will become your favorite
Our kefir pancakes are American?! Our family's favorite meal.
Hour: 20 hrs. Easy: easy. Portions: 2.
Sometimes I feel that Ukrainian cuisine is a bit behind world gastronomy. It is a shame. Every popular country with famous cuisines has an alternative to our native menu. French brioche is nothing but pampushka, Italian gnocchi is our lazy dumplings with potatoes and American pancakes... are our pancakes! That's what we're making today. The main difference is that pancakes are greased without oil.
- 1 egg
- a bag of vanillin sugar, a tbsp. of sugar and a few drops of vanillin
- 1 ¼ tbsp. kefir
- 1 tbsp. flour (can be left out)
- butter for ready pancakes
- 1/2 tsp. of powdered butter
1. Lightly beat an egg with sugar and vanillin.
2. Mix until uniform. The batter should resemble thick sour cream. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the oven on medium heat. You should use a non-stick pan with a thick bottom. Lay out the batter of pancakes not too close to each other, because they will spread. I have 6 pieces, so I will grease 3 at a time.
4. Wait until bubbles appear on the surface. It will take 1-2 minutes. Turn over.
5. Place them one on top of the other and pour some butter.
6. Pancakes can be served with maple syrup, jam, powdered sugar, blueberry, banana and whatever your imagination desires!