Juicy cherry puffs in 20 minutes: no need to make the dough
Puff pastry is a tasty and quick home baking option, especially if you make it with ready-made puff pastry, filo, or even pita bread. You can make these puff pastries with sweet fillings - banana, chocolate, cherries, cottage cheese or apples, as well as salty ones - meat, minced meat or mushrooms.
- puff pastry - 500 g
- frozen cherries - 400 g
- sugar - 4 tbsp.
- starch - 1 tbsp.
- powdered sugar
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the filling, mix the cherries and sugar in a saucepan and leave for 15 minutes.
2. After that you need to put the pot on the fire and boil it for a few minutes.
3. Add the starch, bring it to the boil on medium heat and immediately reduce it to a low heat. Cook until it thickens. Place the filling in a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Defrost the dough, roll out and cut into medium squares. Make a few notches in one half of each square, put the filling on the other half and form a puff pastry. Pinch the sides tightly together.
5. Bake in the oven at 220 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: