Jam goes stale in a jar: causes and ways to solve the problem
Making jam is one way to preserve seasonal berries and fruits. And in order for the dessert to keep well, you need to stick to the recipe clearly.
It's not uncommon for hostesses to notice that over time, the jam has become sugary. The editors of FoodOboz collected information and will tell you about the causes and what you should do in such a situation to save the dessert.
Why does jam go stale in a jar?
This can happen:
- when the cooking technique has been violated;
- because of the addition of a large amount of sugar;
- because of improper storage;
- due to the use of poor quality lids.
What to do if the jam has gone stale?
The easiest way to save the dessert is to reheat it.
The way to heat up jam:
1. First, you need to put a wooden base on the bottom of the pan. If you don't have one, a thick cloth or a towel will do.
2. On top you need to put an open jar with jam and pour cold water so that up to the neck of the jar remained 2-2.5 centimeters.
3. Next, bring the water to a boil and cook on low heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring the jam occasionally.
4. After that, you should put the hot jam into another sterile jar and seal it with a lid.
Previously OBOZREVATEL reported how to cook jam, so it was not dark.