How to prepare cabbage leaves for stuffed cabbage rolls in 5 minutes: sharing the easiest tiphack
It's no secret that cabbage must be properly prepared before cooking cabbage rolls, namely to separate the leaves from the cabbage. Housewives usually steam the vegetable in boiling water, which takes a lot of time. However, there is one trick that will greatly simplify the cooking process.
FoodOboz editorial staff will share with you a tiphack, thanks to which you can prepare cabbage leaves for stuffed cabbage rolls in just 5 minutes.
First, you need to choose a good cabbage - a medium-sized vegetable with a flat shape will do. Only on this condition, it will be easy to separate it into leaves and roll it into a dove.
If the cabbage is sorted out, then you need to remove its top leaves - they are not suitable for cooking. If they are whole, thick and undamaged, they can be covered the bottom of the pan, in which you will cook the dish. This will keep the stuffed cabbage rolls from burning.
The next step is to cut the core and put the cabbage in the microwave. The power should be maximum, but the time should be adjusted depending on the size of the vegetable. For example, 1 kg of cabbage is recommended to heat in the oven for about 5 minutes. When the allotted time has passed, the cabbage should be immersed in cold water. After that, the leaves will be easy to remove without too much hassle.
- cabbage - 1 pc
- dried white mushrooms - 50 g
- champignons - 500 g
- onions - 2 pcs
- round rice - 200 g
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- white mushroom broth - 500 ml
- sour cream - 200 g
- flour - 1 tsp.
- salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Cut out the core of the cabbage. Put the cabbage itself in boiling water and gradually separate all the leaves. From the cooked leaves, cut a seal in the middle. Alternatively, remove the leaves using a microwave tip.
2. Pre-cook the rice.
3 Pour the porcini mushrooms over boiling water and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes from the boiling point. Take out the mushrooms and leave the broth for the sauce.
4. Chop the onion, mushrooms and porcini mushrooms. Roast together for 5-7 minutes.
5. Mix the cooked roast with the rice.
6. For the sauce mix all the necessary ingredients.
7. Shape the stuffed cabbage rolls and place them in a mold. Pour sauce over them. Bake at 180 degrees for 60 minutes.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: