How to cook liver pâté in interesting ways: an unusual marinade
Homemade liver pate is the perfect snack for every day and holiday table. It is prepared quickly enough and can be stored in a container in the refrigerator. And to add spice and make the liver soft, you need to marinate it in cognac.
The idea for cooking liver pate is published on the page of chef Dmitry Bakhmatyev(dmytro.bakhmetyev) on Instagram. Fresh berry marmalade would also be a great addition.
- 500 g chicken liver
- 100 g of butter (for pâté)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 50 g cognac
- 100 g of cream 20%
- salt to taste and butter and oil for frying
For the marmalade:
- 100g mashed cranberries
- 50 g water
- 40g sugar
- 1.5 tsp. of agar-agar (1g)
Method of preparation:
1. Pour the cognac into the prepared and washed liver. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Slice the onion. Fry it in a mixture of vegetable oil and butter.
3. Drain the marinade, but do not pour it out. Add the liver to the onions and fry until the liquid is halved.
4. Add the marinade and honey. Season with salt and pour in cream. Braise liver until sauce thickens.
5. Pass liver through a meat grinder with butter (at room temperature). Whisk again with a blender for a creamy texture.
6. Transfer to the form and put in the refrigerator overnight.
Method of making marmalade:
1. Grate the frozen berries into a purée.
2. Add water, sugar and agar-agar.
5. Serve with buckwheat baguette.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: