Honey from dandelions: how to cook it correctly to be useful
Dandelion honey is very useful and contains a lot of vitamins. It is very easy to make at home. But it is important to use young dandelions, whose season begins just at the end of April.
FoodOboz editors have selected the easiest and tastiest dandelion honey recipe for you. Be sure to add lemon juice to the dessert, to give it a special flavor and fresh aroma.
- dandelion flowers - 300 pcs
- sugar - 1 kg
- water - 400 ml
- lemon - 1 pc
Method of preparation:
1. Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
2. Pour in the sugar and cook until completely dissolved.
3. Wash the flowers and add them to the syrup. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for about 1 day.
5. Strain the syrup through gauze. Boil it for another 20-25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, sterilize the jars and pour in the honey. Seal the jars hermetically.
How to use honey?
When cooked, dandelion honey is consumed just like any other honey. It can be added to tea, spread on buns, bread, or cakes. But experts recommend eating no more than three teaspoons of honey a day. You should especially be careful if you have GI problems, gallbladder problems, or a tendency to diarrhea.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipe: