Lenten dumplings with potatoes: a recipe for the simplest water-based dough
In order for the dumplings to be puffy, soft and not to fall apart during cooking, you need to prepare a successful dough - in ordinary or mineral water, kefir, yogurt. At the same time, they can be with different salty fillings - liver, potatoes, mushrooms or cabbage, as well as sweet - cherries, blueberries or cottage cheese.
- flour - 250 g
- water - 150 ml
- vegetable oil - 70 ml
- salt - a pinch
- potatoes - 250 g
- onions - 1 pc
- salt, pepper
- onion for frying (optional)
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the stuffing, peel and boil the potatoes in salted water. When ready, mashed potato them.
2. Chop and fry the onion until golden. Add to the mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir.
3. To prepare the dough, pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil and pour in the oil.
Mix the flour and salt separately. Pour hot water into the mass, stirring constantly. Lumps will immediately begin to form, you need to stir them for a while with a spoon, and then continue to knead with your hands until a stiff ball of dough forms. It should be covered with clingfilm and left for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough and cut out circles. Form the dumplings with the filling. Place them on a surface sprinkled with flour or film, and cover with clingfilm or a towel so that the dumplings will not dry out.
6. Boil the dumplings in salted water.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: