Quick pickled tomatoes without skin that don't turn to mush
Canned tomatoes always have to be peeled. If you do not do this, it will stick to your teeth. However, if you use the following technology, tomatoes will be pickled without skin and will not turn to mush.
- tomatoes - 1.5 kg.
For the marinade:
- water - 1 liter
- 9% vinegar - 100 ml
- sugar - 6 tbsp.
- salt - 2 tbsp.
- sweet pepper - 1 pc
- hot pepper - 1 pc (optional)
- onion - 1 pc.
- garlic - 2-3 cloves
- parsley - 10 sprigs
- bay leaves - 2-3 pcs.
- pinch of black pepper
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to boil a marinade of water, vinegar, salt and sugar and let it cool completely.
2. Choose tomatoes that are small and firm enough.
3. Make crosswise incisions in the tomatoes, place in a bowl and pour boiling water.
4. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
5. Drain all the water and peel the tomatoes.
6. Place tomatoes in layers in a bowl, putting chopped peppers, onion, garlic, and parsley sprigs over.
7. Add bay leaves and pepper.
8. Pour in marinade.
9. Put a small wick on top (a ceramic plate can be used).
10. Place in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: