Homemade gingerbread with frosting: how to make budget dough
Gingerbread is a budget-friendly homemade pastry that is easy to make with the ingredients available. It is especially delicious to complement them with chocolate or white icing. But the most important thing is not to clog the dough with flour, so that the gingerbread is soft and fluffy.
Food blogger Anna with the nickname filanna.cooking on her Instagram page shared a recipe for homemade budget gingerbread with frosting, the dough for which is elementary and is made with kefir.
- kefir - 200 g
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
- eggs - 1 pc
- egg yolk - 1 pc
- oil - 50 ml
- honey - 30 g
- sugar - 200 g
- vanilla sugar - 1 ng
- flour - 500-550 gr
- powdered sugar - 150 g
- egg white - 1 pc
Important: All ingredients must be at room temperature.
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare the dough, first beat with a mixer the egg and egg yolk together with the sugar and vanilla sugar. The mass will be puffy and light.
2. Pour the kefir, liquid honey and butter into the resulting mass. Stir to mix.
3. Add the baking soda, mix and immediately add the flour. Knead the dough. The amount of flour will vary, depending on the quality and fat content of the kefir. The dough comes out sticky, but holds its shape.
4. Then you need to dust a work surface with flour, lay out the dough and roll it out to a thickness of 1 centimeter.
5. Using a glass or mold, squeeze out round gingerbread cakes. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment.
6. Bake the gingerbread at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. For this purpose, whip the egg white and powdered sugar to a fluffy mass. The consistency is similar to raw condensed milk.
8. Coat the ready warm gingerbread with icing. Leave to harden. Done!
Also on OBOZREVATEL you can read the recipes: