"Our Ukraine is protected by such people": Zelensky awards almost 700 Ukrainian soldiers... Video
On Saturday, December 30, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy presented state awards to almost 700 defenders of the state. He expressed his gratitude to them and expressed pride in the fact that such people are defending Ukraine.
The head of state spoke about the signing of the decrees in his traditional address to Ukrainians on December 31. He emphasized that all these people had proved themselves at the forefront in combat brigades in defense of our people and the entire country.
"And I want to talk about them today. Almost 700 soldiers. Army. The Air Force. NAVY. The GUR," the Head of State said.
He started with five Heroes, four of whom are intelligence officers, DIU warriors, whose work cannot be described yet, but to whom we should be grateful.
"Another "Golden Star" of the Hero of Ukraine goes to a soldier of the Armed Forces, Junior Sergeant Ihor Tymoshchuk, I personally presented him with the award during a trip to Avdiivka. He is a very strong guy. A strong commander. One of those who really inspire," Zelenskyy said.
The President awarded four more soldiers with the Cross of Military Merit:
- Soldier Oleh Duzhenkyi from the 130th separate reconnaissance battalion,
- Soldier Mykyta Kalyayev from the 115th separate mechanized brigade of the Army Reserve Corps,
- Captain Bohdan Mazurenko from the 35th separate marine brigade,
- Major Roman Stryzhobyk of the 47th separate mechanized brigade.
"Thank you, guys, to each of you! And behind these awards are names that speak for themselves and bravery that is more eloquent the fewer words you add to it. Robotyn, Zaporizhzhia region. A suburb of Horlivka, Donetsk region. Kherson region, the left bank of the Dnipro River. Krasnohorivka and Stepove, Donetsk region," Zelenskyy emphasized.
"On December 31 and January 1, and on every holiday and every day of the week, our Ukraine is protected by such people, such Ukrainians. They are the strength and pride of our people. And I want to especially thank everyone who is in combat, at combat posts, on combat missions now! All those who are at the front," the head of state added.
As reported by OBOZ.UA:
- On December 30, Zelenskyy convened the last meeting of this year's Supreme Commander-in-Chief's Staff. Its participants summarized the military results of the year and determined the strategy of the Defense Forces for 2024.