Crispy cauliflower in an unusual breading
Cauliflower is an ideal vegetable for making salads, and it can also be fried in breading, boiled, and used in soups.
- cauliflower - 1 head
- eggs - 3 pcs.
- breadcrumbs - 120 g
- hard cheese (I have Gouda) - 130 g
- milk - 300 ml
- onion - 1 medium
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
Method of preparation:
1. Divide the cauliflower into florets. Add salt to the water and boil.
2. Take it out and let it cool. Add spices to taste and dip in beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. Put on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 C.
3. To make sauce, pour milk into a saucepan and add chopped onion and bay leaf. Bring the milk to a boil, cover, and let it brew for at least 20 minutes. Strain.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and fry it until golden brown, stirring constantly. Then pour the milk and cook the sauce, stirring constantly until it thickens. Next, add hard-grated cheese, mix well, and continue cooking for a few minutes. It should have a nice, smooth consistency. Remove from the heat, add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
You can also find more recipes on OBOZ.UA: