How to properly apply cream on the face and around the eyes to get results. Useful tips
Regardless of how much cosmetics cost, if you use them incorrectly, there will never be an effect. The most important mistakes in applying cosmetics are insufficient skin preparation and the use of a "unique" cream for the whole face.
Women's Health has compiled a short guide to facial skin care. In addition to step-by-step instructions, the media outlet listed the main prohibitions when applying cream around the eyes.
The most common mistake women make in skin care is forgetting to cleanse their skin. It is very important to not only remove makeup and tone the face before applying the cream, but also exfoliate dead skin cells that prevent nutrients from getting inside.
Experts advise peeling at least once a week. Then the result of the moisturizer will be noticeable.
It is also important to apply a moderate layer of cosmetics. If you cover your face with a thick layer of cream, it will work the other way around - it will clog pores, and in some cases even cause irritation.
Thenorm of facecream is equal to a pea seed. At the same time, you should not rub it and stretch the skin. This only accelerates the process of wrinkle formation. It will be enough to massage your face a little.
When caring for your face, do not forget about the décolleté. The skin in this area is very delicate and prone to rapid aging, so it is also important to moisturize and nourish it.
In addition, experts advise not to rush into this process and to cleanse, tone, moisturize, and nourish your face step by step, pausing between each type of cosmetic.
The main prohibitions when applying eye cream
First of all, the skin under the eyes should be thoroughly cleaned , but never rubbed or stretched. However, women often forget about this.
Youcan't use a regular facecream to care for the skin around your eyes . It should be a special product. Since the skin in this area is very sensitive, the effect can be exactly the opposite.
Donot apply the cream close to the eyes, i.e. on the lower lash line, inner corner of the eye or mobile eyelid. This can cause irritation of the eyeball. But it is important to apply the product to the brow bone.
Step-by-step instructions for applying face cream
- After thoroughly cleansing your face, apply the cream to damp skin.
- To do this, rub it into your fingertips.
- Spread the cream on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.
- Smear the forehead in a circular motion.
- Massage the product into other areas of the face in circular movements from the center to the edge with both hands.
- Repeat the movements with the neck and décolleté.
Step-by-step instructions for applying eye cream
- Remove makeup and cleanse your skin thoroughly. Allow the product to absorb.
- In the meantime, you can do a light massage around the eyes to stimulate microcirculation and thus facilitate the absorption of nutrients contained in the cream.
- Apply the cream pointwise with a few small drops on the upper part of the cheekbones.
- Gently pat the skin from the outer corners to the inner corners. The ring finger is best for this, because it exerts less pressure than the index finger.
- Then apply the cream to the upper eyelid, in the area of the brow bone.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL, skin care consultant and blogger Mattie Lacey-Davidson from London (UK) named the main mistake in skin care among women and men. According to her, it is not thorough enough cleansing.