Smoked ribs with prunes: an ancient recipe that drives you crazy
What could be more delicious than juicy ribs? That's right, smoked juicy ribs. And they can only be tastier than smoked juicy ribs with prunes.
This dish has an incredible sweet taste that can cause euphoria in the most demanding taste buds. A food blogger with the nickname my_home_kitchn shared how to cook this dish on Instagram.
- Smoked pork ribs - 1.5 kg
- Prunes - 1 kg
- Onions - 3-4 pcs
Method of preparation
1. Rinse the prunes and cover with cold water for 30 minutes. If the prunes are bitter, leave them in the water for several hours.
2. Drain the prunes and put half of them in the bottom of a large saucepan.
3. Put the sliced ribs on top of the prunes.
4. Put the peeled but not chopped onion, sprinkle with sugar.
5. Put the second half of the prunes as the final layer.
6. Cover with water to the level of the drains.
7. Put the pot on the fire and cook over low heat for about 3.5-4 hours, or until the meat starts to fall away from the bones.
8. Serve the ribs with the prunes and the sauce that has formed during cooking.
I have previously published other interesting recipes for OBOZ.UA: